Looking ahead to the 2021 season, we are planning to run training (Covid allowing), BSC is planning 3 Instructor and Assistant dates to help build confidence and refresh
The Roles we use during a normal Training day
- Square head team – Eyes on the water, and watching proceedings, open up Containers
- Club house Kitchen team – Lunch and Tea
- Admin team – Checking arrivals and ensuring we know who is in the club
- Patrol Boat Team – Launch and recovery, collect Trainers
- Trainers and Assistant Instructors
- Beach team – to catch and launch boats
As a recognised training centre, we will be providing Royal Yachting Association training courses for beginners through to experienced sailors.
Assistant Instructor Prep Talk – Thursday 8th April 7pm ( to be rescheduled)
The RYA allow us to train Assistant Instructors (AI), This session will cover the Broadstairs Sailing Club Operation Procedures, and Requirements for the AI. It will be a Land Based Session.
Assistant Instructor ADV Module – Saturday 10th April 9AM (to be rescheduled)
This is for the section of the club who want to teach sailing and need the AI Advanced module and base teaching practical skills.
Practical teaching Skills refresher, and Cover an Advanced Module Syllabus
Refresh Assistants and Instructors Morning – Saturday 29th May ( to be rescheduled)
This is to checkout the boats, and test our team, from Square head, Patrol boats, Dinghies
Share teachings and test and review any Operating procedure amendments for 2021.
This will be a procedure and review with time for tea Coffee.
Training Program 2021 Pre Reg Form